DayZ – The end of the beginning
DayZ Stand Alone?
That’s right, this is actually happening – DayZ will be developed as a standalone game, with Rocket (Dean Hall) as project lead, by Bohemia Interactive. This is the fairy-tale outcome for a mod that many would have said impossible four months ago.
Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.
Of course people will have many, many questions – but we wanted to let everyone know the announcement now. Over the coming weeks, these questions will be answered. The game will have it’s own site, www.dayzgame.com and the mod will continue at it’s present link.
Concept art by Ivan Buchko
original source: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/28904791570/the-end-of-the-beginning
Articles You May Enjoy
- New German Heavy Tanks Arrive in World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition Update
- Wargaming announced today the launch of the latest content update for its free-to-play console multiplayer game, World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edit...
- Aeria Games Sells European Subsidiary to ProSiebenSat.1 Games
- Aeria Games announces its planned sale of its European subidiary to ProSiebenSat.1 Games, in a push for more focus on mobile game publishing.
- Join the Fight: Line of Defense Now Available on Early Access
- Line of Defense, the MMO from 3000AD, is now available for purchase on Steam’s Early Access.