Das Tal’s Kickstarter campaign is live
Das Tal has announced the launch of its Kickstarter campaign today. Its development team, Fairytale Distillery, is seeking about US$56,000.
The campaign is primarily to help raise money for artistic assets. As Fairytale Distillery explains in a blog post:
“Rather than just pitching for a lump sum to spend on all areas of development, we have a very specific plan laid out for our Kickstarter funds. With our core team taking care of their specialties, we are able to move development along at quite a reasonable pace. What we can’t do is create the massive amount of artistic content required to have a truly impressive game world (at least not quickly). In the end we need hundreds of different assets, small and large. We have had talented freelancers work extensively on Das Tal, but they could only work in stints due to financial restrictions. The cash injection which a Kickstarter campaign offers, makes it possible to bring in these freelance artists for our art sprint.”
You can catch the campaign’s Kickstarter video here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
- In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
- WildStar Enter the Cryo-Plex Update Now Live
- NCSOFT and Carbine Studios announced today that the latest update to WildStar – Enter the Cryo-Plex – is now live.
- Acclaim Shuts Down
- The free to play MMO and MMORPG publisher Acclaim has shut down as of August 26, 2010. They were purchased by Playdom, but failed to meet expe...