Darkfall Unholy Wars: Vision, Direction and Immediate Plans Detailed to the Public
Aventurine S.A., developer of the PvP MMORPG Darkfall Unholy Wars, has just shared their vision, direction and immediate plans concerning the game with their community. The Darkfall Team announced Custom Roles where players can mix and match skills, a complete game Economy re-balance and the addition of Enchanting to the game, Siege Engines like catapults, siege towers and battering rams, as well as a brand new Quest system to help with the new player experience, but to also engage veteran players by offering meaningful rewards. Aventurine also announced they are experimenting with Alignment systems.
“Today with this communication we hope to make the community a part of our vision, direction and immediate development plans for Darkfall Unholy Wars.
Direction is a critical issue for the game and the development team, and it has been a hotly debated topic within the community. Compromises have been made along the way; however we are committed to our original vision of a politically and economically driven sandbox PvP MMO, where risk dictates the reward, leading to meaningful massive battles. Sandbox is part of our culture and, to us, it’s the essence of gaming, rather than a current industry trend.
To realign with our vision, we have evolved our internal structure and workflow, and we have our development strategy to guide us back on track. We are also committed to our interaction and communication with the community since our players are an integral part of our vision. As a philosophy, we will always challenge our development decisions against our sandbox strategy and decisively move forward with making Darkfall the game it’s meant to be.”
For more info on Darkfall Unholy Wars, visit http://www.darkfallonline.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- ApocaRUFF's MMO Predictions 2016 - Buy to Play is Still King
- I'm going to start my predictions for 2016 by bringing up one of my old flames: Age of Wushu.
- Trickster Online Launches Tapasco Theme Spa
- SG Interactive has released the Tapasco Theme Spa update for Trickster Online, a four level dungeon for high level players.
- Siege On Stars First Server Kicks off Today
- After success in the launch of Chrono Tales, Ray Media today launches Seige On Stars first server at 22:00 of July 10th EDT.