Darkfall Unholy Wars: Vision, Direction and Immediate Plans Detailed to the Public
Aventurine S.A., developer of the PvP MMORPG Darkfall Unholy Wars, has just shared their vision, direction and immediate plans concerning the game with their community. The Darkfall Team announced Custom Roles where players can mix and match skills, a complete game Economy re-balance and the addition of Enchanting to the game, Siege Engines like catapults, siege towers and battering rams, as well as a brand new Quest system to help with the new player experience, but to also engage veteran players by offering meaningful rewards. Aventurine also announced they are experimenting with Alignment systems.
“Today with this communication we hope to make the community a part of our vision, direction and immediate development plans for Darkfall Unholy Wars.
Direction is a critical issue for the game and the development team, and it has been a hotly debated topic within the community. Compromises have been made along the way; however we are committed to our original vision of a politically and economically driven sandbox PvP MMO, where risk dictates the reward, leading to meaningful massive battles. Sandbox is part of our culture and, to us, it’s the essence of gaming, rather than a current industry trend.
To realign with our vision, we have evolved our internal structure and workflow, and we have our development strategy to guide us back on track. We are also committed to our interaction and communication with the community since our players are an integral part of our vision. As a philosophy, we will always challenge our development decisions against our sandbox strategy and decisively move forward with making Darkfall the game it’s meant to be.”
For more info on Darkfall Unholy Wars, visit http://www.darkfallonline.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- AoW: Transcendence Releasing Soon w/ New 5th Internal Skills
- Snail revealed details today about the new abilities available in the latest expansion to martial arts MMO from Snail Games, Age of Wushu: Tra...
- Dragon Nest Europe: The Wrath of the Desert Dragon
- Shanda Games releases a new update for Dragon Nest Europe that revisits an old dungeon, introduces a new one, and more.
- Aeria Games announces Dragon Crusade
- Closed beta registration has begun for Dragon Crusade, a new MMORTS from Aeria Games.