Crystals detailed in Realm of the Titans
Realm of the Titans’ permanent upgrade system has been detailed today in a preview of the “Crystal System.”
Each player can pick a set of bonus skills before each match that add on to specific hero skills. After a match is completed, Battle Points (BP) are earned based on skill and performance, which can then be used to upgrade these Titan Skills in the Crystal system. Upgrades examples include reducing mana cost and cooldown timers, or increasing range. Players can choose to focus into a few skills or spread their talents out broadly.
Realm of the Titans will be published by Aeria Games, publisher of games like Kingdom Heroes, Last Chaos, and Grand Fantasia.
Realm of the Titans Gameplay Screenshot
Aeria Games Unveils ‘Crystal’ System for Realm of the Titans
Innovative Upgrade Method Sets New MOBA Title Ahead of Competition
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – June 8, 2011 – Aeria Games, a leading global publisher of micro transaction-based online games, today released details for a unique upgrade system available in Realm of the Titans, its upcoming Defense of the Ancients (DotA) inspired title. The permanent upgrade method rewards dedicated players, and sets Realm of the Titans apart from other multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) titles influenced by the popular Warcraft 3 custom map.
Realm of the Titans is a match-based action strategy game that pits two teams head to head for control of a dynamic map. Tasked with destroying the enemy’s base first, each team employs their heroes’ diverse strengths to strategize and adapt in fast-paced, 5v5 combat. Using the innovative Crystal system, match victories translate to permanent skill upgrades.
Realm of the Titans’ Crystal upgrade system features:
- In-Game Bonus Skills – Base Titan skills spice up combat by offering a set of bonus skill options prior to each match. Use Titan skills to supplement your hero-specific skills.
- More Victories, More Boosts – After each match, players receive Battle Points (BP) and valuable rewards, depending on your in-game performance. BP unlocks the Crystal upgrade system for Titan skills. Use your match rewards to upgrade Titan skills via the Crystal system.
- Permanent Upgrades – Available Titan skill upgrades include mana cost reduction, cooldown time reduction, range increase and many more.
- Customize Your Strategy – Heavily invest in a handful of Titan skills, or spread earned upgrades across them all, depending on your play style.
Aside from the Crystal system, Realm of the Titans boasts a treasure trove of new features not yet found in recent DotA-inspired titles. Players can look forward to hero mounts, a unique Rune power-up system, a second PvP map option loaded with tricks and traps, and a cast of powerful new heroes.
Players can test out the new system when Realm of the Titans enters Closed Beta testing. Sign up to receive a Closed Beta invite at the Realm of the Titans website: RealmoftheTitans.AeriaGames.com.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Legion of Heroes Update Adds Chapter 4-2
- The latest content update features the latest chapter in the epic game, “Chapter 4-2: The Devil in the Desert."
- Orcs Must Die Unchained: China Version Now Hosted by Tencent
- Robot Entertainment today announced a strategic partnership with Tencent Games to bring ORCS MUST DIE! UNCHAINED™, the upcoming fast-paced o...
- Atlantica Online releases At the Gates
- "At The Gates" is the newest update to arrive in Nexon's Atlantica Online.