City of Steam Announces Closed Beta Dates
After having wrapped up Alpha testing in August of this year, the developers at Mechanist Games have been striving to get City of Steam ready for Beta testing before the end of the year. Today, they have announced the dates and plan for the closed Beta test as well as presented a new Beta teaser trailer, giving a tantalizing hint at things to come. City of Steam will undergo a series of 5-day test phases, beginning on November 16, 2012.
The schedule is as follows:
Springtide: Nov. 16 – 20
Summercrest: Nov. 30 – Dec. 4
Autumnwane: Dec. 14 – 18
Winter Festival: Dec. 23 – 28
Beta Collaborator Packs can also be picked up for a number of in-game extras, such as character name reservation, guaranteed Beta access and social currency, and also to support City of Steam development. Higher levels of these collaborator packs further include personally designing an item, getting one’s name appear permanently as a city founder in-game, even a signed poster from the development team.
The developers have also given a set of goals they can strive to for extra Closed Beta content, through what they call Steam-o-meter. City of Steam fans are encouraged to support the game and spread the word on social networks to increase points on the meter, which will in turn push content previously planned for Open Beta to instead be made available in Closed Beta. They have included a handful of developer humiliations for extra motivation as well.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Altis Gates delays Open Beta indefinitely
- Altis Gates Open Beta has officially been delayed indefinitely. IGG stated that the delay was due to a major overhaul of the game to improve i...
- Black Desert Offers Free Seven Day Trial
- Today through January 4, Kakao Games is offering a free seven-day trial for Black Desert Online.
- Runescape Reaches 200th Quest Milestone
- RuneScape has proudly launched the 200th quest in the long-running game’s history.