City of Steam Announces Closed Beta Dates
After having wrapped up Alpha testing in August of this year, the developers at Mechanist Games have been striving to get City of Steam ready for Beta testing before the end of the year. Today, they have announced the dates and plan for the closed Beta test as well as presented a new Beta teaser trailer, giving a tantalizing hint at things to come. City of Steam will undergo a series of 5-day test phases, beginning on November 16, 2012.
The schedule is as follows:
Springtide: Nov. 16 – 20
Summercrest: Nov. 30 – Dec. 4
Autumnwane: Dec. 14 – 18
Winter Festival: Dec. 23 – 28
Beta Collaborator Packs can also be picked up for a number of in-game extras, such as character name reservation, guaranteed Beta access and social currency, and also to support City of Steam development. Higher levels of these collaborator packs further include personally designing an item, getting one’s name appear permanently as a city founder in-game, even a signed poster from the development team.
The developers have also given a set of goals they can strive to for extra Closed Beta content, through what they call Steam-o-meter. City of Steam fans are encouraged to support the game and spread the word on social networks to increase points on the meter, which will in turn push content previously planned for Open Beta to instead be made available in Closed Beta. They have included a handful of developer humiliations for extra motivation as well.
Articles You May Enjoy
- League of Angels Introduces Volatile Battlefields
- The popular browser MMORPG, League of Angels, has announced a new GVG feature: the Volatile Battlefields.
- Firefall releases new World Building dev diary
- The team building Firefall at Red 5 Studios has released a new developer video diary, highlighting and discussing world building in Firefall....
- Thundercall Launching this April
- Global games publisher R2Games has just announced the Open Beta for its latest addition to its browser game library, Thundercall.