Captains of DarkTide Starts First Phase of Beta
The first phase of beta testing is now underway for the nautical MMORPG Captains of DarkTide. Testing for the web client and starter areas began on June 28, 2010. Not every zone or continent is currently enabled, but more content will be released as closed beta progresses.
Captains of DarkTide is a browser based MMORPG, and it will utilize the powerful Unity web player which allows for some pretty epic graphics. Games like FusionFall and Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online already use Unity and the upcoming Need for Speed World will too.
Captains of DarkTide will join the ranks of a handful of other free to play nautical MMORPGs like Voyage Century and the upcoming Uncharted Waters Online.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Wars the Old Republic: Hands-On with Shadow of Revan
- To briefly summarize what Shadow of Revan is all about: Revan is back, and he has plans to change the galaxy. He has raised an army of followe...
- Age of Civilization - Closed Beta Round 3 Coming Soon
- Following the successful rounds of testing earlier this year, the Age of Civilization Closed Beta is coming back for a third round on the Game...
- Lords of the Black Sun: New Strategy Game Available on Steam
- Tonight at 6PM GMT, veteran strategy publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Arkavi Studios reveal their 4X space-strategy game Lords of t...