Blizzard Cancels Project Titan
It’s been on the rumor mill for years – Blizzard’s ultra-secret project Titan, a massively multiplayer game that was going to launch a new IP to break away from Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft. We’ve had our ears open for any whisper of information that would reveal more about the mystery game in Blizzard’s back pocket.
So it was a bit of a surprise to discover, today, that Blizzard’s officially cancelled Titan.
Polygon reported that Mike Morhaime, Blizzard’s CEO, confirmed in an interview that their ambition was strong, but they were unable to find the “fun” and “passion” in the game. After a re-evaluation period, the company made the difficult decision to cancel the project, which had never been officially announced.
Instead, the studio will refocus its efforts on its current brands and products, and be a little braver in taking risks on the games they feel strongly about instead of just trying to produce “blockbuster” titles. So don’t fret – from what we hear, Blizzard isn’t struggling; it’s simply working harder on the games players know, love, and want.
Articles You May Enjoy
- City of Heroes Senior Animator Joins Valiance Online
- SilverHelm Studios announced that Ron Friedman, a former Senior Animator on City of Heroes, will be working with the Valiance Online developme...
- Albion Online: September State of the Game
- Sandbox Interactive has recently posted their September State of the Game, giving an overview of the latest updates to Albion Online.
- Tales Runner: Official Release Now Available
- After two extremely successful beta tests, OGPlanet is pleased to announce that Tales Runner has officially been fully released.