Blitzkrieg 3: Business Model Change + Alpha Test Announced
Nival, an independent game developer renowned for their strategy games, have today announced changes to the business model for Blitzkrieg 3, the long awaited next installment to one of their most beloved franchises, as well as details of the launch of the Closed Alpha Test for the game.
Rejecting the current market trend for so called ‘free-to-play’ with in-game micro transactions, Blitzkrieg 3 will instead require players to only make a one-time payment for the game. Commenting on the business model, Sergey Orlovsky, CEO and founder of Nival said, “The pendulum is swinging once again when it comes to how consumers want to pay for their games. The market is shifting back towards a cleaner, simpler and more transparent model of one-time payments. This trend inspired us to return to the classic distribution model of the series, thus honoring the series’ traditions.”
The digital pre-sale of the full version of Blitzkrieg 3, which includes three single player campaigns, has now launched. Anyone that pre-orders the game will be eligible to join the Closed Alpha Test that begins today. Blitzkrieg 3 will be free from micro-transactions, in-game currency and any other form of in-game payments. In future, players will, however, be able to buy optional additional campaigns as DLC. The premium account system previously announced has also been removed from the game.
The brand new Alpha trailer can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXYByz1AmuU
The second walkthrough video looking at the defensive side of the asynchronous multiplayer mode can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-M8vqUncC8
For more information on Blitzkrieg 3 CAT and to pre-order the game head to http://www.blitzkrieg.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Lord of the Rings Online Reveals Upcoming Plans
- The latest Producer's Letter for The Lord of the Rings Online has revealed some of the upcoming plans for the rest of the year.
- Kartuga Hosts Successful Kartuga Alpha Challenge
- InnoGames just hosted the Kartuga Alpha Challenge, inviting 16 players from six countries to test the game in an exclusive sneak peek.
- Blade & Soul Shattered Empire Announced
- Blade & Soul’s next content update, Shattered Empire, is set to go live on April 27th, bringing a variety of new content and rewards.