Black Gold Online Devs Talk Faction Inspiration
Snail Games has released a new developer diary zeroing in on the artistic styles and clashing worlds that define their upcoming Steampunk Fantasy Faction Warfare MMORPG, Black Gold Online. And while at a glance some might mistakenly see it as simplistic tech vs nature warfare, a much deeper truth of inspiration exists.
Isenhorst for instance draws its background on a future western setting accented by Victorian style mixed into a society run by Steampunk mechanisms. They carry all the hope and glory of the expansionist era along with the realistic modern dread of resource monopolization and limited supplies.
Erlandir on the other hand is built out of a combination of primarily Mayan and Polynesian cultures, but with plenty of reference to lesser known tribal societies from around the world. Transforming the natural world into living weapons to defend their bountiful landscape is the driving motivation of these people, seeing Isenhorst as a sharp corruption of their ideals.
Be sure to catch the official post for more artwork and the full discussion.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tower of Nightmares Releases for Guild Wars 2
- NCSoft and ArenaNet, developer of the acclaimed Guild Wars franchise, today announced that Tower of Nightmares, a terrifying new content updat...
- Hearthstone Announces Last Chance for Blackrock Mountain Pre-Orders
- Are you brave (or insane) enough to face the ancient evils lurking within Hearthstone's Blackrock Mountain?
- DCUO Launches on Xbox One
- After its PAX East build up, DC Universe Online has launched officially on Xbox One today.