Black Gold Online Devs Talk Faction Inspiration
Snail Games has released a new developer diary zeroing in on the artistic styles and clashing worlds that define their upcoming Steampunk Fantasy Faction Warfare MMORPG, Black Gold Online. And while at a glance some might mistakenly see it as simplistic tech vs nature warfare, a much deeper truth of inspiration exists.
Isenhorst for instance draws its background on a future western setting accented by Victorian style mixed into a society run by Steampunk mechanisms. They carry all the hope and glory of the expansionist era along with the realistic modern dread of resource monopolization and limited supplies.
Erlandir on the other hand is built out of a combination of primarily Mayan and Polynesian cultures, but with plenty of reference to lesser known tribal societies from around the world. Transforming the natural world into living weapons to defend their bountiful landscape is the driving motivation of these people, seeing Isenhorst as a sharp corruption of their ideals.
Be sure to catch the official post for more artwork and the full discussion.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tribal Wars 2 Reaches 1 Million Registered Users while in Beta
- The worldwide browser beta, which already supports a total of 20 language versions, amassed over a million registered players within 6 weeks.
- World of Warships Welcomes German Battleships
- World of Warships has welcomed a line of German battleships in its latest update, welcoming eight new warships to the German fleet.
- Everquest Next Worldwide Debut at SOE Live
- Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) today announced that its annual community fan event, SOE Live, is officially sold out of advance passes, a...