Black Gold Online Devs Talk Faction Inspiration
Snail Games has released a new developer diary zeroing in on the artistic styles and clashing worlds that define their upcoming Steampunk Fantasy Faction Warfare MMORPG, Black Gold Online. And while at a glance some might mistakenly see it as simplistic tech vs nature warfare, a much deeper truth of inspiration exists.
Isenhorst for instance draws its background on a future western setting accented by Victorian style mixed into a society run by Steampunk mechanisms. They carry all the hope and glory of the expansionist era along with the realistic modern dread of resource monopolization and limited supplies.
Erlandir on the other hand is built out of a combination of primarily Mayan and Polynesian cultures, but with plenty of reference to lesser known tribal societies from around the world. Transforming the natural world into living weapons to defend their bountiful landscape is the driving motivation of these people, seeing Isenhorst as a sharp corruption of their ideals.
Be sure to catch the official post for more artwork and the full discussion.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Thanatos: Pre-Launch Events Detailed
- Inixsoft and JM Studio announce that Thanatos: Dragon Chaser will begin its pre-open event on October 1.
- WoT: X360 Edition - Red Steel Rain Update Coming August 12th
- Wargaming is preparing to launch Red Steel Rain, an exciting content update for its console multiplayer tank warfare game, World of Tanks: Xbo...
- Hero's Song Cancels Kickstarter Project
- In a Kickstarter update today, Hero's Song developer PixelMage announced that it was cancelling the project.