Black Gold Online Devs Talk Faction Inspiration
Snail Games has released a new developer diary zeroing in on the artistic styles and clashing worlds that define their upcoming Steampunk Fantasy Faction Warfare MMORPG, Black Gold Online. And while at a glance some might mistakenly see it as simplistic tech vs nature warfare, a much deeper truth of inspiration exists.
Isenhorst for instance draws its background on a future western setting accented by Victorian style mixed into a society run by Steampunk mechanisms. They carry all the hope and glory of the expansionist era along with the realistic modern dread of resource monopolization and limited supplies.
Erlandir on the other hand is built out of a combination of primarily Mayan and Polynesian cultures, but with plenty of reference to lesser known tribal societies from around the world. Transforming the natural world into living weapons to defend their bountiful landscape is the driving motivation of these people, seeing Isenhorst as a sharp corruption of their ideals.
Be sure to catch the official post for more artwork and the full discussion.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Unknown Heroes from Nexon Korea Soft-Launches in Select Territories
- Mobile fans in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and the Philippines can be among the first in the world to try Nexon's next turn-based ...
- Rise of Incarnates Announces Release Date and Special Live Stream
- Rise of Incarnates, a 2-versus-2 (2v2) competitive co-op battle arena game, will be released on July 1, 2015 on Steam for PC.
- Orcs Must Die! Unchained: CB Phase 2 Begins on March 24th
- Mark your calendars and clear your week. March 24th will see the triumphant release of Closed Beta Phase 2 for Orcs Must Die Unchained. The de...