Black Gold Building on Post-Wushu Steam!
On April 10th, Snail Games launched Age of Wushu, making the statement that they had arrived in North America with the same excitement that made them a top developer in China. Within a few days of launch, the Free-To-Play Martial Arts MMO was so popular, a fourth server had to be added for the player base. However, Snail Games isn’t slowing down now that Age of Wushu is out. There are content updates filled with new features, skills, and weapons coming soon. Snail is also bringing an entirely new MMO Epic to players, a game that will take them out of Historical China, and place them in a rich world of steam and fantasy…Black Gold.
Inspired by the many myths and fairytales throughout Northern Europe, Black Gold combines fantasy with gothic steampunk feel. These two worlds are also alignments that players can choose. On one side is a world of fantasy, filled with magic drawn from the life and nature found around the ancient jungles and temples of the terrain. The other is the world of Steam, a mechanized society of giant walking cities, which utilizes engineering and mechanized equipment to gain supremacy.
Snail Games created a stunning 3D world in Age of Wushu with their Flexi engine. They have incorporated that same technology for the dynamic shadows, and vivid colors found in the surreal world of Black Gold. The world feels alive, with veins of light in the plants of jungles, clouds of steam from large cities, and powerful winds moving across dusty mountains.
True to form, Snail brings rich gameplay to Black Gold as well. Players can trigger over 3000 dynamic events and actions that can change the game world itself. Characters have the ability to change forms in combat, plus the ability to drive giant armors in combat, creating a variety of fun and different encounters for both PvE and PvP. Compete to control the valuable ores and resources that power and sustain the world known simply as Black Gold.
Black Gold will be at E3 2013 for first impressions along with the new Age of Wushu content. Stay posted at SnailGamesUSA.com for news and more information on all our titles, leading up to the show.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ascent - The Space Game Early Look
- Combat is definitely not everything in Ascent, however. In fact, past the first few hours in the game, you may find yourself partaking in comb...
- Title and Details Released for Highly Anticipated MU Rebirth
- WEBZEN Inc., a global leader in next-generation free-to-play games, reveals the title and details for MU REBIRTH, a thrilling new adaption of ...
- DOFUS celebrates its 10th anniversary
- For the 10th anniversary of its flagship video game DOFUS, Ankama presents an overview of its transmedia creations via stats that showcases al...