BattleTech Kickstarter Campaign Begins
Today, indie game studio Harebrained Schemes launched a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign to co-fund development of its highly-anticipated BATTLETECH game for PC.
Jordan Weisman, studio co-founder and creator of the popular BattleTech and MechWarrior franchises, will be leading development of the title alongside Mike McCain, Creative Director of the studio’s much-lauded Shadowrun series.
BATTLETECH will be a turn-based game of tactical ‘Mech combat for PC, Mac, and Linux. On Kickstarter, Harebrained Schemes is asking backers to join them in co-funding the development of the game using a similar approach to what they did with the Shadowrun: Hong Kong Kickstarter earlier this year.
Harebrained has divided the feature-set for BATTLETECH into four distinct funding stages on Kickstarter, with the first of those stages self-funded by the studio. A detailed description of each BATTLETECH co-funding stage (including an expanded single-player campaign and PVP multiplayer) can be found on the game’s Kickstarter page – along with an exciting variety of physical and digital rewards that are sure to appeal to longtime BattleTech fans.
“Returning to classic BattleTech, particularly the 3025 Succession Wars Era, feels like coming home,” said Weisman. “I’m really happy to join with Kickstarter Backers to create an authentic BattleTech PC game with detailed tactical turn-based ‘Mech combat and a chance to experience an epic game setting that’s endured for over 30 years.”
“This is a passion project for us,” said Mitch Gitelman, co-founder and Studio Manager of Harebrained Schemes and producer of the classic MechCommander series. “Ever since we formed the studio, the team has been itching for a chance to make a BattleTech game and they can’t wait to bring BattleTech’s incredible setting to life. It’s a universe filled with intrigue, cutthroat politics, and fascinating characters. That’s right up our alley.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Elemental Wings Flies into Google Play and App Store
- Joycity has released Elemental Wings, a mobile game featuring a combination of vertically scrolling flying shooter, CCG and RPG.
- Heroes of the Storm Hosts Summer Championship Free-to-Play Heroes Event
- The Heroes of the Storm Summer Championship in Sweden has concluded, and the 2016 Summer champions have been declared: Tempest.
- Archlord 2: First expansion released
- WEBZEN, a global leader in next-generation free-to-play games, is delighted to announce that the PvP-focused MMORPG Archlord 2 released its fi...