Battlestar Galactica Online launches new PvP update
A new update has arrived this week in Battlestar Galactica Online.
The update now lets players challenge each other to instanced ranked battles or duels privately. Ranked matches will pair players together based on Arena rating, ship size and ship class; the top 100 ranked players will be displayed on the Top Gun Leaderboard and feature special icons over their pilot and ship name. One versus one duels will not reward or ratings.
Two new star systems have also been added for high level players: Nifhel and Muspell.
Battlestar Galactica Online is published by Bigpoint, which also publishes Ruined and World of Battles.
Battlestar Galactica Online Gameplay Screenshot
This week we added several new features and updates to Battlestar Galactica Online.
The biggest update: Players can now challenge other players to private, instanced PvP matches (ranked battles or duels). In Ranked matches, the game’s matchmaking system will help pair players of similar Arena rating, ship size, and class, and let them battle it out in their own private piece of space.
Ranked matches enable pilots to determine who is the “Top Gun” on each server, and recognize the Top 100 on the Top Gun Leaderboard with special icons above their pilot and ship name. Alternatively, players who wish to compete against other pilots of any faction (including their own), rating, ship size, or class can engage in 1v1 Duel matches, though no rewards or changes in rating will occur after winning/losing a match.
In addition, two new star systems have been added in the Veil Sector – Nilfhel and Muspell – containing high level NPCs for squadrons to conquer. PvP notifications and blockade warnings will also begin appear on the star systems. As BSGO recently passed three million registered players, we’re excited to continue developing it.
Articles You May Enjoy
- The First MMORPG - The Early History of the Genre
- Meridian59 was released in late 1996 and Ultima Online was released in 1997, but these weren't the first two online games.
- Guild Wars 2 Spring 2016 Quarterly Update Goes Live
- ArenaNet just released a massive update for Guild Wars 2 and its expansion, Heart of Thorns.
- Alfheim Tales Online - Your Fantasy Journey Begins on Nov. 26th!
- pets&mounts Let's embark on the adventure full of mysteries and fun, exclusively in Alfheim Tales Online on Nov. 26th!