Aura Kingdom DevBlog 3: The Ultimate Choice
Welcome back, future Envoys!
To go along with our latest class reveals, today we’d like to go into the wide world of skill customization! As we’ve already discussed in the past, versatility is hugely important in Aura Kingdom. Last week we addressed versatility between classes, and this week we’re going a step further with the skill choices within each class.
As you level up and explore the world of Terra, you’ll unlock “Ultimate Skills” in your skill menu. Ultimate Skills are split up into several tiers, each one augmenting your character in a different way. Some provide passive effects that increase the stat of your choice, while others provide chances on attacks to afflict the enemy with useful debuffs.
Our favorite Ultimate Skills, however, are the ones that actively modify your existing abilities to have completely new effects. For example, the Wizard’s first Ultimate Skill tier gives you three options: augment your basic fire spell with either a short stun or knockback effect, or add a damage-over-time component to your ice spell. All of these are potent choices, but their relative advantages are situational.
Another interesting example comes with one of the Bard’s choices. You could opt to add a damage increase buff to your heal-over-time song which would strengthen your party’s DPS, or make it a defense buff when going up against a particularly heavy-hitting boss. Alternatively, you can choose to boost the direct healing output of your AoE heal song instead for more efficient output.
The great thing about Ultimate Skills is that you can freely swap between any of the options in a given tier whenever you’re out of combat, making it incredibly simple to tailor your character’s abilities to better handle any challenge that you face. Combined with the freedom to change your role with secondary weapons, this allows for almost any group of adventurers to take on any situation!
Thanks for reading, and keep your eyes peeled next week for the wrap-up on our class reveals!
Articles You May Enjoy
- MU REBIRTH Returns – WEBZEN Kicks Off Second Beta Celebration
- WEBZEN, a global leader in next-generation free-to-play games, launches the highly anticipated Second Beta Celebration for MU REBIRTH: The Off...
- ESL brings esports to San Jose’s SAP Center with Intel Extreme Masters
- The world’s best gamers in League of Legends® and StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm® to compete in NHL Sharks’ home arena
- Path of Exile: The Awakening Launches Today
- The biggest and most far-reaching expansion of the game to date, Path of Exile: The Awakening takes the player on a dark journey.