Ascent: The Space Game 60% Funded, Introduces New Space Station Design
With 11 days to go, the space MMO *Ascent: The Space Game* has now reached 60 percent in funding — $21,291 out of $35,000 (Australian dollars).
Developed by James Hicks and Chris Mitchell of Fluffy Kitten Studios, Ascent offers unprecedented depth and scale for an independent game—with 270 billion star systems, ship customization, colonies, asteroid mining, player-driven voting system, trade, and much more. To date, the developers have spent more than $70,000 out of pocket to fund the project.
(Yes, this is a space MMO developed by 2 guys [only 1 programmer] for well under $100,000!)
A redesigned space station has also now been added to the game! You can see it above, and get a comparison in the gallery here. Along with redesigned ships, the new space station is a great example of the work done by George Karandais. Reaching the Kickstarter goal will allow Fluffy Kitten to hire George full-time to revamp all the graphics/art in Ascent.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Happy Dungeons Preview Event Impressions
- Apparently, Happy Dungeons is a sequel to a game called Happy Wars, which took place in the sky.
- Masses of Zombies Invade The App Store With Zombie Stampede
- BANDAI NAMCO announces the release of Zombie Stampede, a free to play tower defense game on iOS.
- E3 2013 Monday and Tuesday MMO Recap
- But while most gaming sites are busy wrapping their minds around the unbelievable next-gen console titles being revealed, we’re here to off...