Ascent: The Space Game 60% Funded, Introduces New Space Station Design
With 11 days to go, the space MMO *Ascent: The Space Game* has now reached 60 percent in funding — $21,291 out of $35,000 (Australian dollars).
Developed by James Hicks and Chris Mitchell of Fluffy Kitten Studios, Ascent offers unprecedented depth and scale for an independent game—with 270 billion star systems, ship customization, colonies, asteroid mining, player-driven voting system, trade, and much more. To date, the developers have spent more than $70,000 out of pocket to fund the project.
(Yes, this is a space MMO developed by 2 guys [only 1 programmer] for well under $100,000!)
A redesigned space station has also now been added to the game! You can see it above, and get a comparison in the gallery here. Along with redesigned ships, the new space station is a great example of the work done by George Karandais. Reaching the Kickstarter goal will allow Fluffy Kitten to hire George full-time to revamp all the graphics/art in Ascent.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Windward Sets Sail for Windows, Mac, Linux on May 12th
- Gamers who want to earn their sea legs can dive into Tasharen Entertainment's Windward on May 12th, 2015 for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Neverwinter Combat League Begins Now on PC
- Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment are proud to introduce our newest in-game event, the Neverwinter Combat League.
- Celtic Heroes Celebrates Samhain/Halloween with Massive Content Update
- One Thumb Mobile, creator of the 3D mobile MMO, Celtic Heroes, is celebrating “the hallows” by unleashing a ton of awesome content for fre...