ARK: Survival Evolved Surpasses 2 Million Units Sold
Studio Wildcard is excited to announce today that its expansive survival-adventure ARK: Survival Evolved has now sold more than two million units on Steam, with more survivors joining the Jurassic journey every day.
To celebrate this sales milestone and to offer survivors a chance to talk with the team, Studio Wildcard is hosting a Developer AMA on Reddit with @ArkJesse right now on /r/games! Watch your AMA feed for the link: #playARK.
ARK also has an ongoing Halloween event. You can find out more about the event here.
Since its wildly popular launch in June 2015, ARK: Survival Evolved has exploded dramatically and rapidly in real estate, reach, and units sold.
- Every week, at least one new dinosaur is added to expand the exotic fauna in the game.
- Two weeks ago, ARK expanded significantly by adding two new biomes, snow and swamp, greatly increasing the scope and type of real estate and adding complexity to the environment and AI behavior.
- And most significantly Studio Wildcard over the last two months has built out a massive competitive aspect to the game and is in the third phase of its Survival of the Fittest competition, “The Last Stand,” featuring more than 230 players and $60,000 in prizes, throwing the survival-adventure title into the competitive e-sports field with a whole new twist.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rising Generals to be demo'd at E3
- During E3 2014, the German publisher will demo cross-platform gameplay across iOS-, Android- and browser-based devices.
- Mirage: Arcane Warfare Beta Patch 3 Now Live
- Live on Steam now, this update (Beta Patch 3) includes a series of gameplay tweaks and improvements.
- God Wars News - New R2 Games Making Closed Beta Debut
- R2Games has opened the beta for its newest addition to its expansive roster of MMOs: God Wars.