Albion Online begins Closed Beta
Independent game developer Sandbox Interactive today announced that players will now be able to join the Closed Beta of their medieval sandbox MMORPG Albion Online. By becoming Legendary, Epic or Veteran Founders, players will be able to join the beta this week on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday respectively, ahead of the game’s release on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android in 2016.
Albion Online has players explore an open game world and stake their claim on it by sieging, claiming and defending territories. The game offers an extensive player-driven economy, challenging guild-versus-guild activities, the ability to develop and customize real estate, a unique classless customization system, and much, much more – all in a fully connected, truly cross-platform persistent game world.
“In an age where MMO’s are increasingly casual in nature, Albion Online represents our vision of what a true modern MMORPG should be,” says Stefan Wiezorek, Founder and CEO at Sandbox Interactive. “Albion Online combines the classic, challenging gameplay found in classics like Ultima Online, Eve Online and Runescape with the best recent innovations in the genre like classless character customization and cross-platform support. We are now extremely excited to start the next phase of our development with the start of the Closed Beta, and are eager to get our players’ feedback on all the updates and improvements we have been working on since the end of the last Alpha.”
Albion Online has already gathered more than 30,000 Founders who will be able to enjoy the beta for multiple months, significantly longer than the previous alpha tests. Players can sign up to become a Founder and join the beta at: https://albiononline.com/en/shop/founderspacks/compare
Articles You May Enjoy
- War Thunder Revenue Sharing Program a Success
- A War Thunder community player has banked over $5,000 in just one week.
- Soldier Front 2 Bringing Jaw-Dropping Team Warfare to North America
- Aeria Games announces its plans to bring Soldier Front's successor to their lineup.
- Summoner's Legion Reveals Date of Open Beta Launch
- R2Games, global publisher of free-to-play games, is announcing today the launch date of its first browser CCG, Summoner's Legion.