XCOM 2 a 3D sci-fi strategy game that is the latest installment of the XCOM series and is being developed by Firaxis Games for PC, Mac and Linux. Now that 20 years have passed since humanity was forced into an unconditional surrender by alien invaders, those who are left of the XCOM forces are looking to once again fight back and attempt to push the aliens from their planet while exposing their underlying sinister plots to the humans who have been fooled into believing that the aliens are doing good while on Earth. You will be able to take control of the Avenger, the XCOM forces’ new mobile base created from an alien supply craft, and launch targeted missions on a global scale while attempting to gain support from human civilians. Your troops will be of five different classes, each with their own skill trees with unique abilities. In battle you will be able to tactically direct your troops and choose their specific actions like whether to save a fallen companion or stay hidden behind an object on the battlefield. Research will also need to be conducted to unlock new technologies and upgrade weapons and armor. If you’re feeling truly adventurous you can try your hand at Multiplayer matches and build your own squad of mixed humans and aliens to face off against other players to prove you’re the best strategist around.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Firaxis Games
- Publisher: 2K Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
- +Custom mod creation.
- +Exciting combat camera angles.
- +Randomly generated multiplayer maps.
- +Great graphics.
- -Limited information available.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Weekly MMOHuts Stream (6/20): Swordsman Online, Dizzel and Giveaways
- JamesBl0nde streams every Friday for MMOHuts on Twitch!
- Knight's Fable: CBT Coming Soon
- Global games publisher Reality Squared Games (R2Games) has announced the release date for their next title: Knight’s Fable. Set to launch on...
- Black Gold Online - New Dungeons & Instances Revealed
- Snail Games has recently revealed details on some of the dungeons and instances that players will take place in their upcoming Steampunk/Fanta...