Ever since its release in 2004, World of Warcraft (WoW for short) has been the golden standard of the MMORPG genre. With a heavily quest-driven progression system and simple gameplay, WoW appeals to a large audience. The cartoony graphics may at first deter players but after some play time, they come to life and truly immerse players into the world of Azeroth. In WoW, players of all classes can easily progress alone but must work together to complete instanced dungeons that reward the best pieces of equipment. This style has helped World of Warcraft remain popular across the world and it continues to attract casual and hardcore gamers alike. Those familar with the Warcraft series will recognize the locations and important NPCs featured in WoW. Players can do battle with Illidian, visit the Orc’s capital of Orgrimmar, or explore parts of the world only hinted at in previous Warcraft titles. But before anything else, players must chose which of the two factions they wish to join — the Horde or the Alliance.
Though World of Warcraft has had multiple expansions, all players now have access to the game plus all expansions, from The Burning Crusade to Mists of Pandaria, as part of the game’s purchase. Warlords of Draenor, the game’s latest expansion, must be purchased individually to access content from level 90 to 100.
The Alliance: Humans, Gnomes, Night Elves, Dwarves, Draenei, Worgen, & Pandaren
The Horde: Orcs, Trolls, Undead, Tauren, Blood Elves, Goblins, & Pandaren
Druid – The most versatile class. Druids are effect support characters but can also call upon their feral nature and shapeshift into powerful beasts.
Hunter – The archer class of WoW, Hunters prefer to attack from a distance and lay traps. Hunters can tame beasts and fight in melee range when the need arises.
Mage – Masters of the elemental arts, Mages have high damage potential but suffer from low defense.
Paladin – Holy warriors who can wear plate but can also cast supportive spells to aid their allies in battle.
Priest – The main supportive class in WoW. Priests have the most powerful healing spells but can also inflict heavy damage with shadow related spells.
Rogue – The premier melee damage class. Rogues can dish out a lot of hurt in a short period of time but suffer from lower defense and health compared to other melee classes.
Shaman – In touch with the spirit world, Shaman’s use totems to channel energy towards those around them — be they friend or foe. Shamans are a hybrid class capable of both melee and magic attacks.
Warlock – Sinister spell casters who use the diabolical arts to summon demons to serve them. Warlocks learn curses and DoTs that weaken and damage their opponents.
Warrior – The primary melee fighter and tank. Warriors in WoW can do much more than absorb damage, properly trained they are capable of inflicting heavy damage.
Death Knight – The first ‘Hero Class.’ Introduced in the Lich King expansion, Death Knights start the game at level 55.
Monk – Released with Mists of Pandaria, the monk class is a hybrid that is capable of powerful tanking, melee DPS, and melee-healing.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Nov 23, 2004
- Business Model: Subscription
- Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
- Publisher: Blizzard Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Mac
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Long-spanning game with large amounts of content.
- +Vast amounts of lore and places to explore.
- +Large amount of dungeon content.
- -Subscription required.
- -Too many daily quests.
- -Crafting system is not worth time.
- -Loot system’s only purpose is to continue raiding.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8 (64-bit, fully updated).
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2400, AMD FX 4100, or better.
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470, ATI Radeon™ HD 5870, or better.
- HDD: 35GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Zombies Monsters Robots Heads “Back to the Void”
- Today’s brand new update brings fans back into the trackless void of enemy space, first introduced in last year’s “Into the Void” upda...
- Maplestory: 'Attack on Titan' Themed Content Coming Soon
- “Attack on Titan” has joined forces with Nexon America’s MapleStory to bring a wealth of new content to the immersive MMORPG. For a limi...
- Tales Runner Races Its Way On To Steam
- After Tales Runner's successful launch back in April 2014, OGPlanet, a leading publisher of Free-to-Play, multiplayer online games, proud...