They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.
The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.
Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.
Come Tenno, you must join the war.
- Excalibur – The perfect training Warframe: the Excalibur suit allows players to explore the power of Warframes with a balanced set of capabilities.
- Loki – Desired by advanced players, Loki offers a variety of re-configuring abilities. The abnormality of Loki’s powers allows players to manipulate the battlefield.
- Mag – (support, can deplete/replenish shields, has AoE crush) With full command of surrounding magnetic energy, Mag is an expert at enemy manipulation. She is a perfect choice for players that want to deal heavy damage in unconventional ways.
- Rhino – (tank, close combat specialist, very sturdy) The perfect training Warframe: the Excalibur suit allows players to explore the power of Warframes with a balanced set of capabilities. Rhino is the heaviest of all the Warframes. His strength enables him to combine a mix of devastating offensive attacks with formidable defensive powers.
- Volt – Volt can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage Warframe perfect for players who want a potent alternative to gun-play.
- Ember – (pure damage dealer, can ignite and burn lightly armored, unshielded enemies like the Infested) Ember is a nightmare for light – armored targets. Ember can super-heat the air which opens up surprising crowd-control possibilities.
- Ash – (melee specialist, futuristic ninja, can use Shurikens, throws smoke bombs, and his ultimate ability is a teleport-slash move) Ash is great for players looking for a more stealthy approach to combat. Lethal abilities are complemented by powers of distraction.
- Trinity – Trinity is great for players who prefer a supportive role. Warframes with healing technology are rare making Trinity a great equalizer when the odds are stacked against the Tenno.
- Banshee – Using sonic attacks and acoustic target detection, Banshee is well suited for stealth gameplay and is capable of filling both attack, and supportive roles.
- Frost – By channeling moisture and vapor in the surrounding environment, Frost creates formidable defenses and lethal attacks from sub-zero conditions.
- Nova – Nova uses electromagnetic energy to contain and control highly volatile antimatter that fuels her abilities.
- Saryn – Saryn’s venomous attacks are horrifyingly effective against organic and synthetic enemies, and her ability to “shed” her skin makes her very elusive.
- Vauban – The highly tactical Vauban uses his powers to create deadly traps that can zap, imprison and dimensionally crush enemies.
- Nekros – Nekros uses his dark powers to manipulate his enemies, both living and dead.
- Valkyr – Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing.
- Oberon – Equally adept at healing friends or striking down the enemy. Oberon embodies the balance Tenno are sworn to uphold.
- Zephyr – Specializing in air attacks and mobility, Zephyr dominates from above.
- Hydroid – Rising from the ocean depths, Hydroid harnesses the power of water to a devastating effect.
- Mirage – A master of illusion, Mirage confounds the enemy in a spectacle of style and power.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Oct 24, 2012
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Digital Extremes
- Publisher: Digital Extremes
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Xbox One, PS4
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Coop or Solo Gameplay.
- +Clan based Dojos & Clan Dueling.
- +Individually Upgraded Characters and Weapons.
- -Linear Progression in Missions.
- -Gameplay can feel repetitive.
- -Cash shop can be misleading.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP 3 or newer
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600
- HDD: 10 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- SWTOR: Knights of the Fallen Empire Review
- I played TOR during the Beta and first month after launch before I lost interest and went on to something else.
- League of Angels: Cross-Server Tournament This Week
- Playing League of Angels every day is not enough, well it is if you like to stay unknown and forgotten. To make a true impression in the game ...
- Albion Online: September State of the Game
- Sandbox Interactive has recently posted their September State of the Game, giving an overview of the latest updates to Albion Online.