*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Wakfu is a free-to-play tactical MMO by the same creators of Dofus. This sequel is set 1,000 years after the Age of Dofus in the World of Twelve. Fans of the original game will notice some familiar characters and environments but a lot of drastic changes as well. Players step into the role of an awaken hero’s spirit reincarnated and sent back to rescue a land in turmoil. Each hero must rebuild their chosen nation and form valuable allies within. Simulating an open sandbox style of gameplay like Istaria or Perpetuum players are free to take up multiple professions or start a clan based war. Storm into dungeon instances overflowing with monsters, conquer neutral zones with fellow comrades, start your own shop, or become the ruling governor. Join the Amakna, Bonta, Brakmar, or Sufokia nation and choose between 14 starting classes.
Sacrier’s Blood Berserkers – These melee fighters are ideal for lengthy battles. Berserkers receive buffs for each blow of damage dealt to them.
Iop’s Heart Go-Getting Warriors – Courageous knights loyal to their God that are capable of destroying all those who oppose. They rely heavily on their weapons but have a few powerful spells in their arsenal.
Cra’s Range Archers – This class specializes in long-range combat and is considered as the archers of the highest order. Armed with bows and arrows this class is deadly.
Eniripsa’s Hands Healers – Eniripsas are talented healers with an assortment of buffs and health replenishing spells.
Pandawa’s Pint Sherpa Warriors – Skilled in hand-to-hand combat this class of melee fighters definitely know how to swing an axe.
Enutrof’s Fingers Treasure Hunters – Possessing the knowledge of all things valuable this class of gold rushers are all about profit. These treasure hunters reap increased drop rates daily.
Sadida’s Shoe Plant Summoners – Known as the leader of tree-huggers this class is determined to protect precious plant life. They cast powerful spells to summon plants to aid in their battles.
The Rogue Ruse Masters of Illusion – Notorious felons that are more cunning and intelligent than most. This class of clever assailants uses tools and a variety of gadgets to get things done.
Feca’s Shield Protectors – Fecas are defensive spell casters that use magic to aid in the protection of their nation.
Sram’s Shadow Assassins – The sneakiest assassins known to man are part of Sram’s Shadow. They use traps to ensnare their foes.
Ecaflip’s Coin Warrior Gamblers – This class of unusual fights are equipped with weapons constructed out of gambling cards.
Xelor’s Sandglass Temporal Magi – Blessed with the gift of manipulating time this class is capable of reflecting an enemy’s attack.
Osamodas’ Whip Animal Summoners – Accompanied by the Gobgob they have the ability to capture souls and summon them to aid in combat.
The Masqueraiders Lunatic Soldier – These knights wear magical masks that give them special abilities.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Ankama
- Publisher: Ankama
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy, Strategy, Simulation
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
- Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Over 14 starting classes to choose from.
- +Great animated graphics.
- +Unique take on strategy RPGs.
- +Interchangeable professions.
- +Extensive political system.
- +Complex, changing world.
- +Familiar Dofus characters and zones.
- +Special dungeon instances.
- +Open sandbox feel, very player-driven.
- -Repetitive turn based combat.
- -Lots of grinding.
- -Maps and navigation mode could be better.
- -Character customization limited.
- System Requirements not yet known.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Battle for the Throne Review
- Battle for the Throne takes fairly common strategy MMO elements and contorts them into new forms.
- Top 10 Best 2D MMOs / 2D MMORPGs
- If you're looking for the top 10 best 2D MMORPGs, you came to the right place.
- Shop ‘Till You Drop with Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies
- A new update is available to Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies, which overhauls the in-game shop, adding new systems, events & a ton of new items.