Urban Rivals is a trading card game, or TCG, that is played right on your web browser. Both the site and card designs use a unique art style that gives the whole experience an original feel. New players are given 8 cards at random which is the minimum amount required for a deck. Game mechanics are simple and easy to pick up which makes Urban Rivals a much more casual TCG than Magic the Gathering Online. At the start of each match, both players are randomly given 4 cards from their decks and chose which of these cards will participate in each of the match’s four rounds. Players (and individual cards) gain experience after each match. Cards gain new abilities and increase in power as they rank up while players gain access to higher level channels and earn ‘clintz’ with which to purchase new cards. During account registration, players are asked what type of deck they would like to start with:
Action – Fight mean and strong. Emphasis on brute power and damage.
Danger – Unnerve your opponents with dirty tricks. Emphasis on sneaky abilities.
Cool – Keep control and protect your life points. Emphasis on ‘control’ cards that disable opponent’s abilities.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jan 17, 2006
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Boostr
- Publisher: Boostr
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Strategy, Casual
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Fast paced card game.
- +Video and comic book style instructions.
- +Individual cards gain ranks.
- +Stylish site and card artwork.
- -Booster packs cost real cash.
- -Simplistic, repetitive gameplay.
- -Large proportion of non English players.
- Updated Browser Required.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Robocraft: Now available on Mac and Linux
- UK based indie developer Freejam are proud to announce that their F2P PvP robot battle-arena game Robocraft is now available on Mac OS and Lin...
- Failure Pre-Alpha Kickstarter Demo Impressions
- I had a chance to test out a pre-alpha press build of Failure, a game that tries to bring a new sci-fi twist to the genre.
- Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade - Founders Access Detailed
- The development team behind W40K Eternal Crusade has just announced new details for their Founders Access program.