Unturned is a free-to-play blend of sandbox and survival. Players start with nothing, and must scavenge, hunt, build, negotiate, and ultimately survive, on an island where zombies are everywhere. Building components are similiar to Minecraft, and include traps and electronic systems. Players may also choose to play co-op (PvE) or against each other (PvP), with supported systems for clans and banditry.
Fortification: Players can build massive forts out of structural building blocks, or build onto smaller buildings in the world with barricades. It is also possible to create traps and intricate electronic systems. More options for building are constantly being added based on what the community requests.
Survival: It is entirely possible to live off the wilderness by harvesting trees and rocks, growing crops and hunting animals down. What sort of survival stuff is added is entirely decided by the community.
Explore: The game goes where the community wants it to. The initial release map is set on the lovely Prince Edward Island, but over the next few months many more locations will arrive for players to explore depending on what the community wants to see. Currently the island has plenty of interesting locations to discover and loot.
Bandits: Players can choose to enter player versus player servers and battle other players to steal their gear. Banditry is highly supported with plenty of weapons and sneaky devices.
Heroes: Players can join player versus environment servers to team up with other people, and easily create clans to play with their pals.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Nelson Sexton
- Publisher: Smartly Dressed Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Shooter, Casual
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Steam
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Small download size.
- +Co-op and competitive options available.
- -Still in early access.
- -Only one map.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8, Mac OSX Leopard or newer.
- CPU: Intel 2.0 ghz
- RAM: 4GB
- HDD: 256MB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Space Engineers Lifts Off On Steam Early Access with 500K Copies Sold
- Keen Software House announces that Space Engineers has sold more than 500,000 copies on Steam Early Access,
- Gloria Victis Doubles World Size
- The latest update to hit Gloria Victis' alpha servers will double its world size, bringing new locations to capture, 80 new enemy NPCs.
- Call of Champions Contest for TwitchCon 2015 All Access Pass Now Live
- Today, Spacetime Studios has kicked off a contest to send six competitive gamers on an all-access expenses-paid trip to TwitchCon 2015.