Unreal Tournament’s newest iteration is currently in development by Epic Games. As with previous iterations this iteration of Unreal Tournament will be a first-person shooter, but instead it will utilize the Unreal Engine 4. Rather unique to Unreal Tournament is its development process which will be crowdsourced, allowing for a vast spectrum of input.
The game modes in Unreal Tournament are not expected to vary greatly from its previous iteration, including:
Duel – 1v1 where the winner stays in the match and the loser returns to the last position in the match queue.
Capture the Flag – A team versus team match where each team’s base has a flag that the enemy team seeks to retrieve and bring back to their base.
Bombing Run – A team versus team match where teams compete for possession of a ball and try to score by getting the ball through the enemy team’s hoop.
Team Deathmatch – A team versus team match where the team with the most frags wins.
Deathmatch – A free-for-all match type where the first player to reach the specified number of frags wins.
Warfare – A team versus team match where each team attempts to destroy the opposing team’s core located within their base.
Assault – A team versus team match where one team acts as the invaders and another team acts as the defenders. The invading team must complete particular objectives in order to begin defending, while the defending team tries to hold out as long as they can against the assaulting team and prevent them from completing objectives.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Epic Games
- Publisher: Epic Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Shooter
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
- +Crowdsourced development.
- +Multiple platform support
- -Limited information available.
- System Requirements not yet known.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Uforia Bankrupt? All Their Games Are Down
- Uforia shutting down - all of their game servers have been shut down. Uforia's websites and forums are still up, but their games are all ...
- Moon Hunters: 8-bit Co-op RPG now on Kickstarter
- After nine months of concepting, sweating, and working with the Square Enix Collective, Moon Hunters is finally ready for Kickstarter. Moon Hu...
- Wargaming: The Year In Review
- Wargaming, publisher of World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships, has released a statement reviewing its key achievements for...