*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Travian is a simple browser MMORPG set in the same universe as the strategy game Travian. Unlike its predecessor, Travian takes a more personal approach. Players control a single villager who must improve his or her village day by day. Travian restricts gameplay with something called Occupation Points, players have a maximum of 30 and must spend one in order to gather resources. Occupation points convert to Action points when used and are required to play multi-player minigames. Overall, the game promotes a social experience where making friends and having guests visit your home play a larger role than the turn-based combat.
Tribes – Roman, Teuton, Gaul
Resources – Wood, Clay, Ore, Grain, Flour, Coal, Wooden Boards, Bricks, Iron, Bread
Minigames – Get Four, Tic-Tac-Toe, Dots & Boxes, Battle Ships, Reversi, Chess, Blackjack, Skat, Poker, Dice Duel, Rock-Paper-Scissors, Checkers, Backgammon, Mill, Combat Bricks, Domino
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Sep 05, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Travian Games
- Publisher: Travian Games
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Fantasy, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac
- Editor's Score: 2/5
- +3 races to chose from.
- +In-depth player housing & customization.
- +Over a dozen minigames.
- +Join or create clubs & guilds.
- -Limited daily actions.
- -Slow paced combat.
- -Paying players receive large advantages.
- -More social features than gameplay elements.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Closed Beta? Open Beta? What It All Means
- With so many free to play MMORPGs launching lately, I've seen a lot of people asking “What does closed beta mean?” or “What does open beta mea
- Legend of Edda Review
- Legend of Edda is a traditional MMORPG with very linear progression.
- WWE Immortals: WWE SuperStars and Event System Available
- Classic WWF legends return as gods