*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Star Wars: The Old Republic is an MMORPG that takes place after the events of the first two Knights of the Old Republic games. Featuring an in-depth storyline and high quality production, the game is now free-to-play with an optional subscription. Players can explore the world of Star Wars while playing a variety of classes and specializations, recruit crew members and companions, join guilds, battle in war zones, and much more.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Bioware
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Immersive, expansive storyline.
- +Varied classes and specializations.
- +High quality production.
- -Free-to-play can only have two total characters.
- -Extensive restrictions on non-subscribed players.
- -Lack of innovative features.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP3/Vista/7
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+/Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better.
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: ATI X1800, nVidia 7800, or Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics
- HDD: N/A
Articles You May Enjoy
- Top MMORPG Brawlers List
- Fortunately, a new subgenre is shaking up traditional notions of MMORPG combat. What am I talking about? Arcade style brawler MMORPGs.
- Runescape Reaches 200th Quest Milestone
- RuneScape has proudly launched the 200th quest in the long-running game’s history.
- The First MMORPG - The Early History of the Genre
- Meridian59 was released in late 1996 and Ultima Online was released in 1997, but these weren't the first two online games.