*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Star Trek Online is a free-to-play MMORPG set in the year 2409. Players can become young wide-eyed Lieutenants in the Federation or Klingons exploring the unknown. Based off the Star Trek Franchise it’s somewhat comparable to Battlestar Galactica Online, Dark Orbit, and Pirates of the Burning Sea in terms of gameplay. Players complete various missions on ground or in space. Each captain can control their own spacecraft and fight others in an intergalactic faction war. Participate in hand to hand combat or fire phasers at foes while exploring new planets. Choose between three distinct positions and slowly expand your crew. Customize your ship with an assortment of weapons and gadgets for strategized attacks. Work your way up the ranks to admiral and run one of the best U.S.S. Starships ever to enter the solar system.
Races – Human, Andorian, Bajoran, Benzite, Betazoid, Bolian, Ferengi, Pakled, Rigelian, Saurian, Tellarite, Trill, Vulcan, and Alien.
Tactical Officer (Red Uniform) – Experts in squad tactics, stealth recon and capable of inflicting high levels of damage during combat. Tactical Officers use their fist, phaser gun, and photon torpedo to subdue enemies.
Engineering Officer (Yellow Uniform) – Their advanced technical skills enable equip their shields with the power to withstand the most damage while supporting their away team with firearm modifications and repairs.
Science Officer (Blue Uniform) – Has the ability to ensnare enemy ships with tractor beams, locate cloaked ships, and use holoprojectors to confuse our foes. Science Officers can heal damage.
Cruisers – The largest of all spacecrafts these ships are known for their resiliency and large crew capacity. They can be used as an independent force or a support ship.
Escorts – These small ships are loaded with enough fire power to defeat an entire fleet. Escorts are equipped with additional tactical bridge officers and the ability to carry cannons.
Science Vessels – Make up for their lack of weaponry with advanced technology. These ships are armed with deflector dishes and sensors that can identify enemy weakness. They are excellent allies to have during team based combat.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Feb 02, 2010
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Cryptic Studios
- Publisher: Perfect World Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Sci-Fi
- Platforms: PC, Mac
- Editor's Score: 3/5
- +In-depth character creation tool.
- +Ground and tactical space combat.
- +Wide variety of ship customization options.
- +Weekly episodes and events.
- -Shop items are overpriced.
- -Cluttered interface.
- -Repetitive gameplay.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 2000
- CPU: Intel Dual-core 2 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 +4000
- RAM: 2048 MB (2 GB) or better.
- GPU: ATI Radeon X1800 or NVIDIA GeForce 7950 or better
- HDD: 10 GB Free
Articles You May Enjoy
- East Legend: Pre-launch event announced
- East Legend: Pre-launch event announced - New 3D mobile RPG adventure
- Cross Horizon Review - A Console Throwback on Mobile
- You are put into the shoes of a hero who has lost his memories and is haunted by the dream of a witch.
- Verdun Launch Review
- Verdun is "the first multiplayer FPS set in a realistic First World War Setting." It features bolt-action rifles, trench warfare, gas attacks.