SMITE is a third-person perspective MOBA by HiRez Studios. It boasts a variety of game modes, from an Arena, to the traditional three lane Conquest a’la League of Legends, and many others. Arena is a 5v5 in a circular ring where the goal is to reduce the enemy Tickets to 0 which is done by kills on players or marching creep into the glowing portal. Joust was remade this season to feature a more Chinese Mythology look and is a one lane map with off shoots for buffs, and is a 3v3 style mode. There are a few other 5v5 style modes such as Assault, Siege and Clash. Each day they provide a new game mode with a variety of interesting rules though Conquest is the primary mode. Five players on each team, the ultimate goal is to push into the enemy base, past their Phoenix and defeat the guardian. One of the things to make Smite unique is that the jungle buffs , each player can only have one of them at a time. At present there are eight Pantheons of Gods, with the Japanese being added at the start of Season 3, the first in that being Amaterasu. Some examples of the Gods are:
- Greece: Zeus, Hades, Ares
- Rome: Bacchus, Bellona, Janus
- Chinese: Erlang Shen, Chang’e, Nu Wa
- Egyptian: Isis, Anubis, Ra
- Hindu: Kali, Agni, Bakasura
- Japanese: Amaterasu, Izanami, Raijin
- Mayan: Ah Muzen Cab, Chaac, Hun Batz
- Norse: Tyr, Ullr, Ymir
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Mar 25, 2014
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Hi-Rez Studios
- Publisher: Hi-Rez Studios
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MOBA, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
Editor's Score: 5/5
- +Unique setting and characters with fast gameplay.
- +Well designed itemization and active abilities.
- +Regular updates and multiple gamemodes.
- -Progression can be slow without cash shopping to unlock gods.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista / 7 / 8 (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / AMD Radeon HD 6950 or better with 768 MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 Compatible)
- HDD: 10GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Astro Lords: Oort Cloud updated to v1.1.0
- Sci-fi MMORTS Astro Lords: Oort Cloud by BISBOG SA has been updated to v1.1.0. This update includes a number of bug fixes as well as some exci...
- Arena of Heroes Review
- The game is similar to MOBAs such as League of Legends or DOTA2, but with a turn-based twist.
- Star Trek Online Hosts Free C-Store Giveaways
- To celebrate the upcoming release of Star Trek Online Season 11: A New Dawn, STO is giving away some items from its C-Store.