SMITE is a third-person perspective MOBA by HiRez Studios. It boasts a variety of game modes, from an Arena, to the traditional three lane Conquest a’la League of Legends, and many others. Arena is a 5v5 in a circular ring where the goal is to reduce the enemy Tickets to 0 which is done by kills on players or marching creep into the glowing portal. Joust was remade this season to feature a more Chinese Mythology look and is a one lane map with off shoots for buffs, and is a 3v3 style mode. There are a few other 5v5 style modes such as Assault, Siege and Clash. Each day they provide a new game mode with a variety of interesting rules though Conquest is the primary mode. Five players on each team, the ultimate goal is to push into the enemy base, past their Phoenix and defeat the guardian. One of the things to make Smite unique is that the jungle buffs , each player can only have one of them at a time. At present there are eight Pantheons of Gods, with the Japanese being added at the start of Season 3, the first in that being Amaterasu. Some examples of the Gods are:
- Greece: Zeus, Hades, Ares
- Rome: Bacchus, Bellona, Janus
- Chinese: Erlang Shen, Chang’e, Nu Wa
- Egyptian: Isis, Anubis, Ra
- Hindu: Kali, Agni, Bakasura
- Japanese: Amaterasu, Izanami, Raijin
- Mayan: Ah Muzen Cab, Chaac, Hun Batz
- Norse: Tyr, Ullr, Ymir
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Mar 25, 2014
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Hi-Rez Studios
- Publisher: Hi-Rez Studios
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MOBA, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
Editor's Score: 5/5
- +Unique setting and characters with fast gameplay.
- +Well designed itemization and active abilities.
- +Regular updates and multiple gamemodes.
- -Progression can be slow without cash shopping to unlock gods.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista / 7 / 8 (64-bit)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / AMD Radeon HD 6950 or better with 768 MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 Compatible)
- HDD: 10GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Weapons of Mythology Second Closed Beta Begins
- IDC/Games has announced that the Weapons of Mythology Second closed beta has just started.
- Albion Online Alpha Testing Begins
- “Though this alpha test will be the biggest we’ve ever run, the number of keys is still limited and we are looking for critical feedback f...
- Cynane the Queen Slayer Joins the Total War: ARENA Battlefield
- Cynane the Queen Slayer, the brilliant female military strategist and field commander, is available to play in a new update that is live now.