While Shaiya brings little innovation to the table in terms of gameplay, providing players with a simple and familiar MMORPG environment to discover and explore, its unique ‘Ultimate Mode’ – whereby a players character is deleted upon death, should attract elitist players from across the globe. With several race and class choices, an interesting backstory, and a beautiful world to enjoy, Shaiya should provide an enjoyable MMORPG experience to fans of the genre, but won’t be attracting many newcomers to the scene.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 24, 2007
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Aeria Games
- Publisher: Aeria Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Good interface.
- +Unique radar and map.
- +Perma-Death system.
- +Innovative ‘Dueling / Wager’ system..
- -Limited character customization.
- -Difficult to progress in the beginning.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP/ 2000 / Vista
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Class Processor Dual Core at 2.0 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1GB of RAM or more
- GPU: GeForce XT Class with 256MB of dedicated VRAM or better
- HDD: 1.8 GB of HDD space, plus additional for new game content
Articles You May Enjoy
- Guild Wars 2 PvP Stronghold First Impressions
- Today I was fortunate enough to play Guild Wars 2 with a few of the developers, and some other members of the Gaming Media.
- Tribal Wars 2: New Second Village Feature Available
- InnoGames just implemented a new feature into its online strategy game Tribal Wars 2, which significantly speeds up the game progress.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Official Game Review
- Our Senior Editor takes a look at Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The Official Game, a tactical RPG available for mobile devices.