While Shaiya brings little innovation to the table in terms of gameplay, providing players with a simple and familiar MMORPG environment to discover and explore, its unique ‘Ultimate Mode’ – whereby a players character is deleted upon death, should attract elitist players from across the globe. With several race and class choices, an interesting backstory, and a beautiful world to enjoy, Shaiya should provide an enjoyable MMORPG experience to fans of the genre, but won’t be attracting many newcomers to the scene.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 24, 2007
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Aeria Games
- Publisher: Aeria Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Good interface.
- +Unique radar and map.
- +Perma-Death system.
- +Innovative ‘Dueling / Wager’ system..
- -Limited character customization.
- -Difficult to progress in the beginning.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP/ 2000 / Vista
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Class Processor Dual Core at 2.0 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1GB of RAM or more
- GPU: GeForce XT Class with 256MB of dedicated VRAM or better
- HDD: 1.8 GB of HDD space, plus additional for new game content
Articles You May Enjoy
- Scarlet Blade Review
- Scarlet Blade is the translated version of Queen’s Blade Online. Scarlet Blade revolves around playing as an almost nude female character.
- School of Dragons Review
- Don’t worry, all the major cast from How to Train Your Dragon is here. They are actually your primary quest givers and mini-game initiators.
- Frontier Developments launches Elite: Dangerous Game Preview for Xbox One
- Play Elite: Dangerous first on console on Xbox One, and get new content first on Xbox One.