*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Roblox is an open ended MMO where players create and explore Lego-like worlds. There are no levels or goals in Roblox, instead creativity and socializing are encouraged. The site itself is designed much like MySpace with groups to join and friends to be made. What sets game apart is the fact that all players can create their own ‘place.’ Places can take many forms, they can be games with specific goals such as platformers or just hangouts like clubs or bars. Free player have access to all places created by other members of the community and can even craft their own Place but a premium subscription is required to create more than one place and to access several other features. Creating complex games in Roblox is no simple task, the editor has a steep learning curve and requires players to learn an interesting scripting language called Lua. But for ambitious children with an interest in computers and the internet, Roblox makes an excellent virtual playground.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Roblox Corporation
- Publisher: Roblox Corporation
- Category: Stand-alone, Browser, Mobile
- Genre(s): 3D, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, iOS, Android
- +Unique concept.
- +Open-ended game builder, endless possibilities.
- +Social network style format.
- -Map creator has a steep learning curve.
- -Several features require a subscription ($).
- -Rough visuals.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1
- CPU: A recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 Ghz or better
- RAM: 1 GB
- GPU: DirectX 9 minimum and Shader Model 2.0.
- HDD: 20 Mb
Articles You May Enjoy
- Elvenar Beta Impressions - Browser Fantasy Strategy Game
- The beta of InnoGames’ Elvenar is an interesting proposition. Elvenar has not yet announced any PVP.
- The Top Ten Oldest MMORPGs
- Many gamers were first introduced to the MMORPG genre by World of Warcraft which was released in 2004.
- Elite: Dangerous Review
- CMDR Zelus goes in-depth with both the good and the bad of the highly anticipated space adventure game!