Ragnarok Online is certainly one of the most well known MMORPGs out there. The game was originally released in 2001 and has since had a lot of success. The game has always been ‘Pay-to-play’ which is why private Ragnarok Online servers became so popular. I’m surprised it took Gravity so long to launch a free version of their game, but in October 2008 gravity launched a single free-to-play server on iRO (International Ragnarok Online) called Valkyrie which would pay for itself by selling ‘cash shop items’. The free server ‘Valkyrie’ is largely the same as the pay to play servers, but with slightly slower experience gain. If you’re not familiar with the game, Ragnarok Online is a 3D Fantasy MMORPG with detailed 2D sprites and beautifully animated visuals. It has a large selection of playable classes and a huge game world to explore. The game may be a bit older than other MMORPGs, but it’s still been able to keep fresh with regular content updates from the publisher. If you’ve never played Ragnarok Online before or you’re tired of playing on lame private servers, give the game a try!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Aug 31, 2002
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Gravity
- Publisher: Gravity Interactive
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 5/5
- +Plenty of job advancements.
- +Great music and visuals.
- +Varied PvP options.
- +Regular content updates.
- -Poor questing system.
- -Minimal character customization.
- -Grind based leveling.
- -PvP imbalances.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP, or newer
- CPU: Pentium II, 400MHz
- RAM: 128 MB
- GPU: Any with 3D Acceleration & at least 16MB on-board RAM
- HDD: 1.7 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Elder Scrolls Online Patches to v1.3.3
- Zenimax has announced that The Elder Scrolls Online will be patching to its third major update, 1.3.3, on August 4.
- Tree of Savior: Squire and Centurion Class Introduced
- The official Tree of Savior blog has just released a new blog that introduces two new classes: the Squire and Centurion from the swordsman cla
- League of Legends Confirms (Not) Ao Shin
- In a developer post today, Riot Games confirms that its long-awaited dragon champion, Ao Shin, will be coming to League of Legends - sort of.