*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Project Blackout is a lobby based online shooter. Like most free FPS games, Project Blackout is tactical shooter with a modern theme. The game was originally released in Asia as “Point Blank,” but is available through SG Interactive as Project Blackout. The game can be played in both North America, Europe, and most other regions in the world. In its core, Project Blackout plays a lot like many of the other tactical MMO shooters currently available. Anyone who has played games like Combat Arms or Cross Fire should be able to familiarize themselves with Project Blackout quite easily. Some of the game modes in Project Blackout include:
Deathmatch – Even though this game mode is called deathmatch, it’s actually a team deathmatch. Two teams fight against each other, and whichever team reaches the a predetermined amount of kills first or has the most kills when time runs out wins. Players will respawn if they die.
Demolition – The standard Counter-Strike style plant the bomb, defuse the bomb game with two teams. One team must plant C4 at the designated bomb site or wipe the other team one, while the other team must prevent the C4 from going off or simply wiping out the opposing team. Upon dying, players will not respawn until the beginning of the next round.
Sabotage - Each team must destroy the opposing team’s objective to win while defending their own objective. Players will respawn if they die.
Search & Destroy - Whichever team eliminates the opposing team wins. Upon dying, players will not respawn until the beginning of the next round.
AI Challenge – Challenge Mode allows you to test your skills against AI opponents on a difficulty scale of 1-10 and give you the opportunity to use many weapons as you hone your skills
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Zepetto Co.
- Publisher: Zepetto Co.
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Great title system.
- +Complete missions to earn equipment & experience.
- +Customize weapons with add-ons.
- -Similar to other tactical shooters.
- -Few game modes and maps.
- -Limited appearance customization options.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 2000 / 7
- CPU: P4 3.0GHZ / Athlon 3000+
- RAM: 1 GB or more
- GPU: Geforce 6600 / Radeon X600 or better
- HDD: 1 GB or more
Articles You May Enjoy
- Trove Open Beta Review
- The game is voxel-based, fully destructible, and has a similar, but brighter and more fluid, graphic style to Minecraft.
- Cross Fire Review
- Cross Fire went into open beta at the end of January, making it the first free FPS release of 2009.
- Top 10 Best Browser Games
- MMOHut ranked the top 10 best browser games currently available with reviews, screenshots and more.