There are no classes in Planet Calypso, as the game uses a completely open-ended, skill-based system of character progression. Skills advance as they are used, making the game similar in feel to single-player RPGs like the Elder Scrolls series. Some of the paths a player might choose to take in Planet Calypso include everything from combat-related roles, whether they are a weapons specialist or support, or something as benign as a plastic surgeon to customizes the avatars of other players for a fee. The most interesting aspect of the game is the currency conversion system, which allows players to actually invest in the game, and possibly even get profitable returns in real-life currency.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jan 20, 2003
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: MindArk
- Publisher: MindArk
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, Sci-Fi
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Huge game world to explore.
- +Open ended, sandbox gameplay.
- +Top players can earn real world cash.
- -Most activities require premium currency.
- -Limited sense of direction.
- -Steep learning curve.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP (32-bit SP3, 64-bit SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.x.
- CPU: Intel I7 / AMD Phenom II
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 285 / ATI Radeon 4870
- HDD: 10 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Legacy Quest: New Rougelike Mobile Game From Nexon M
- Nexon Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”), a worldwide leader in free-to-play mobile games, and Socialspiel Entertainment GmbH (“Socialspiel”), a Vien...
- Burning Blade: New mobile Hack n' Slash RPG available
- Teebik Games, a global platform for mobile game publishing, is pumped to announce the launch of its mobile MMORPG, Burning Blade. The highly-a...
- MMO Predictions 2015 - Cutting Corners and Burning Early
- Because of this I expect to see 2015 bring the beginning rumblings of change, even though we will still see an endless supply of early access ...