There are no classes in Planet Calypso, as the game uses a completely open-ended, skill-based system of character progression. Skills advance as they are used, making the game similar in feel to single-player RPGs like the Elder Scrolls series. Some of the paths a player might choose to take in Planet Calypso include everything from combat-related roles, whether they are a weapons specialist or support, or something as benign as a plastic surgeon to customizes the avatars of other players for a fee. The most interesting aspect of the game is the currency conversion system, which allows players to actually invest in the game, and possibly even get profitable returns in real-life currency.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jan 20, 2003
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: MindArk
- Publisher: MindArk
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, Sci-Fi
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Huge game world to explore.
- +Open ended, sandbox gameplay.
- +Top players can earn real world cash.
- -Most activities require premium currency.
- -Limited sense of direction.
- -Steep learning curve.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP (32-bit SP3, 64-bit SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.x.
- CPU: Intel I7 / AMD Phenom II
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 285 / ATI Radeon 4870
- HDD: 10 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Chaos Heroes Online: New MOBA releasing this Fall
- Turn the tide, win the battle, survive the war! Free-to-play online games publisher Aeria Games today announced Chaos Heroes Online, a new act...
- Albion Online: Free Founder Pack Availble For Referring Members
- With just 5 days to go until the Albion Online Winter Alpha, the developers are getting the test off to an exciting start with a promotion whi...
- Piraya Mobile Takes Flight With Aircraft Empire
- Piraya Mobile launches Aircraft Empire, a free to play mobile game featuring aircraft and airport management in a simulation environment.