Onigiri Online combines the 3D anime style that has recently fallen off in popularity among F2P MMORPGs with the rising popularity of action combat MMORPGs. Utilizing a unique partner system that allows you to build relations and strengthen 8 varied AI partners, Onigiri adds a Pokemon-esque element to make the leveling curve less painful as you can watch so many characters grow without playing multiple alts to do so. Each partner offers different benefits to improve relations with beyond just combat. Some will act as your rare item merchant while others can supply you with potent potions and food items to buff you power.
In addition players can build their character with a free-form state addition system to allow you to specialize in various weapons. This is important because you aren’t restricted to any particular weapon. You can even master multiple weapons and switch between them on the fly in combat as the combat situation changes over time!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Aug 12, 2014
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: CyberStep
- Publisher: CyberStep
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Anime styled.
- +Action oriented combat.
- +Movement feels crisp and responsive.
- +Skill system encourages high risk, high reward combat.
- -Lag Issues Hurt Combat.
- -Learning curve scales too fast for target audience.
- -Graphics are quite dated.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, or better.
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT, AMD RADEON HD2900XT, or better.
- HDD: 20GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Sword Coast Legends Launch Review
- But what do I think, as someone who has played Dungeons and Dragons for well over a decade and a half? Love it. It’s not perfect.
- Camelot Unchained Unleashes Glorious Design Changes
- Hotly debated, stealth has finally been confirmed as a function in the game. Stealth classes are promised no movement penalties.