Neverwinter is a free-to-play, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game. Featuring much of the same strategic combat and interactions expected from the original Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter will also support player-generated content and more.
One hundred years have passed since the Spellplague forever changed the magical and mysterious lands of Faerûn. Mighty empires fell and great cities toppled, leaving only monster-haunted ruins and survivors struggling to rebuild. The city of Neverwinter, the Jewel of the North, seemed blessed by the gods. While the rest of the Sword Coast was devastated by the event, Neverwinter survived largely intact. But this was only a temporary reprieve from its inevitable doom. Nearly 75 years later, a volcanic eruption rained fire, ash and molten fury upon the city, annihilating everything in its wake. Today, Neverwinter has restored much of its former glory.
Lord Neverember of Waterdeep has taken the city under his protection and put forth a call to all adventurers and heroes of the Savage North to help rebuild Neverwinter in the hopes that one day he can lay claim to her throne and crown. But evil forces conspire in the dark places of the world, seeking to undermine all…
You don’t have to pay to adventure in Faerûn. All content from level 1 to level cap is completely free!
Dungeons & Dragons Experience
Whether you play table-top or immerse yourself in Dungeons & Dragons novels, experience iconic locations, classes, and encounters – with both heroes and villains – on your journey through the Forgotten Realms.
Engaging Action Combat
Move swiftly and boldly through your encounters to maximize your effectiveness. Every attack, ability, and dodge will require planning, reflexes, and precise execution.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jun 20, 2013
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Cryptic Studios
- Publisher: Perfect World Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Steam, Xbox One, PS4
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Players can create their own Neverwinter content.
- +Action MMORPG style combat system.
- +Soft targeting system.
- -Simplified gameplay.
- -Cash shop purchases place damper on free gameplay.
- -Struggles with bugs and exploits.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz CPU equivalent or better
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: GeForce 8800, ATI Radeon HD 2900GT, or better, with 512MB+ VRAM
- HDD: 4 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dream of Mirror Online Now on Kickstarter
- Suba Games is encouraging DOMO fans to get in on the action by joining its Kickstarter campaign for Dream of Mirror Online's revival.
- Shadow Masters & Travian Games Going to Battle with Epic Arena
- Travian Games announces Epic Arena, a blend of card battle and board games set to release on mobile devices in Summer 2014.
- Arcane Chronicles begins CBT on Jan. 16th
- Nexon Europe has announced that the Closed Beta access for its latest free-to-play, browser-based MMORPG, Arcane Chronicles, will begin on 16t...