Minecraft is an open world, sandbox style game available across multiple platforms including PC, Mac, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3/4, iOS, and Android.
There are two standard modes for Minecraft. In survival mode, players are tasked to start with nothing, spawned on a randomly generated world, and then must work to build tools, weapons, and a shelter to survive the dangers of monsters that come out at night. As they progress, players can replace their tools with better materials, explore a vast world, and fight even stronger monsters.
In creative mode, players can freely explore and build, without threat from monsters and with the use of unlimited resources. Here, players can build their dream worlds – although many choose to do this in survival, too!
Minecraft is a widely supported game with millions of players, moddability, and public and private servers that allow for solo to large-scale play with others.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: May 17, 2009
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Mojang
- Publisher: Mojang
- Category: Stand-alone, Mobile
- Genre(s): 3D, Adventure, Casual
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Wii U, PS Vita, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile
- +Endless replayability.
- +Huge community support.
- +Able to import and create mods and skins.
- -No cross-platform play.
- -Different platforms have different versions and gameplay.
- -Each platform version must be purchased separately.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8, Mac OSX 10.8+, Ubuntu Linux, iOS 5+, Android 4.0+
- CPU: Intel Core i3, AMD Athlon II, 2.8 GHz, or equivalent.
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: GeForce 2xx Series or AMD Radeon HD 5xxx Series.
- HDD: 1GB
- Other: OpenGL 3.3 Support.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Heroes of Three Kingdom Closed Beta Begins July 13
- Heroes of Three Kingdoms from Perfect World Entertainment closed beta begins July 13.