With over 100 million accounts created, Maplestory is probably the most played free-to-play MMORPG of all time. Maplestory is a 2D side-scrolling, fantasy MMORPG with a massive amount of features and things to do. Although the game is now over eight years old, the game continues on strong with regular updates and patches, and has significantly upgraded the game engine and graphics since its early days. If you can handle MapleStory’s child-like, cartoony graphics, this game has a ton to offer.
MapleStory now has 30 classes and counting:
Explorers: Warrior, Magician, Bowman, Thief, Dual Blade, Pirate, Cannoneer, Jett, Zen
Cygnus Knights: Dawn Warrior, Mihile, Blaze Wizard*, Wind Archer, Night Walker*, Thunder Breaker
*New Blaze Wizards and Night Walkers cannot be created.
Heroes: Aran, Evan, Luminous, Mercedes, Phantom
Resistance: Demon Slayer, Battle Mage, Wild Hunter, Mechanic, Xenon
Nova: Kaiser, Angelic Buster
Sengoku: Hayato, Kanna
Child of God: Zero
- Status: Released
- Release Date: May 11, 2005
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Wizet
- Publisher: Nexon
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy, Casual
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Plenty of job advancements.
- +Unique platforming quests.
- +Huge game world with tons of quests.
- -Repetitive gameplay.
- -Cash shop advantage.
- -Poor customer support.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 / 8
- CPU: Pentium Dual Core or equivalent
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: GeForce FX5000 / ATI Radeon 9600 or higher (any video card with Shader model 2.0 or higher)
- HDD: 8GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tribal Wars 2: Closed Beta Begins June 24th
- Today InnoGames announced the closed beta start of its strategy MMO Tribal Wars 2. On June 10, the English-speaking beta server was opened to ...
- Second Tutorial Video Released For SMITE
- Hi-Rez Studios has released a second tutorial video for SMITE players.
- Guild Wars 2 Heading to Texas to Rock PAX South
- ArenaNet is kicking off PAX South on Saturday with ‘Guild Wars 2: Beyond the Point of No Return’, a special presentation by studio preside...