Magic: The Gathering Tactics is a turn based MMO with gameplay similar to PoxNora. Players create spellbooks, or decks, using a variety of cards and battle it out on gridded maps. MTG Tactics utilizes a match making system for quick ‘pick-up’ practice games that allow players to test out their decks. There are three tournament formats including Open, Constructed, and Draft. These require various amounts of ‘gold’ to enter. Gold is earned by completing daily missions unlocked after completing the first singleplayer campaign. Additional campaigns and booster packs can be purchased through the cash shop. Alternatively, the winners of tournaments are rewarded with new cards and other items. Magic The Gathering Tactics is an in-depth game that offers strategic gameplay through its turn based combat. It also has 3D character designs which bring the cards to life.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Sony Online Entertainment
- Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Fantasy, Strategy
- Platforms: PS3
Editor's Score: 2/5
- +Options tutorial.
- +Single player campaigns.
- +Tournament options.
- -Boosters & extra singleplayer content cost real cash.
- -Slow paced gameplay.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS:Windows XP/ Vista / 7
- CPU:Intel Core2 Duo / AMD Athlon FX-60 or better
- RAM:2 GB or more
- GPU:Nvidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD2900 or better
- HDD:2 GB Free
Articles You May Enjoy
- Trove Surpasses 1 Million Monthly Active Users
- Since launching in July, Trove has been rapidly taking off with players.
- Armored Warfare World on Fire Backstory Teased
- The world in which Armored Warfare takes place is the same as ours, but with economic and political chaos.
- Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide Reveals The Dwarf Ranger
- Developer Fatshark announced today that its latest character reveal for Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide is Bardin Goreksson.