Magic: The Gathering Tactics is a turn based MMO with gameplay similar to PoxNora. Players create spellbooks, or decks, using a variety of cards and battle it out on gridded maps. MTG Tactics utilizes a match making system for quick ‘pick-up’ practice games that allow players to test out their decks. There are three tournament formats including Open, Constructed, and Draft. These require various amounts of ‘gold’ to enter. Gold is earned by completing daily missions unlocked after completing the first singleplayer campaign. Additional campaigns and booster packs can be purchased through the cash shop. Alternatively, the winners of tournaments are rewarded with new cards and other items. Magic The Gathering Tactics is an in-depth game that offers strategic gameplay through its turn based combat. It also has 3D character designs which bring the cards to life.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Sony Online Entertainment
- Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Fantasy, Strategy
- Platforms: PS3
Editor's Score: 2/5
- +Options tutorial.
- +Single player campaigns.
- +Tournament options.
- -Boosters & extra singleplayer content cost real cash.
- -Slow paced gameplay.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS:Windows XP/ Vista / 7
- CPU:Intel Core2 Duo / AMD Athlon FX-60 or better
- RAM:2 GB or more
- GPU:Nvidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD2900 or better
- HDD:2 GB Free
Articles You May Enjoy
- Silkroad-R Review
- Still, Silkroad-R does help inject some life into the game with all of its improvements, most notably the increased experience gains.
- John Smedley steps down as Daybreak's CEO
- John Smedley, long time CEO of Daybreak (going back into its early days as Sony Online Entertainment), has stepped down.
- Dirty Bomb Closed Beta Impressions
- Dirty Bomb has a decent foundation to work with, but there’s a lot that needs to be done in order to make it stand out from other modern FPS.