Lords of New York
Lords of New York is a 1920s poker RPG developed by Lunchtime Studios for PC, Mac, Linux, and mobile devices where players can play as a mobster named Vince who is trying to win the biggest underground poker competition in New York. Being in the mafia is all about extending your own influence, and winning something this large is exactly what could do that for Vince.
What sets Lords of New York apart from the many other poker games around is its inclusion of RPG elements, and particularly what you can do during your card games. After all, since when have mafia card players ever actually played completely by the rules? You’ll be able to spike other players’ drinks, show tells, outright poison your opponents, intimidate them by staring them down and do many other things as well. Anything goes for Vince that could potentially give him the upper hand in the match, but just make sure that he doesn’t get caught cheating! Surely you don’t have to cheat though. If you feel that the choice between what is right and what is wrong is simply to great, then you’re welcome to walk the more moral line. The choice is entirely up to you!
Items will also become very useful to you by giving you competitive advantages in your games, enhancing your play style. They will give you the chance to specialize in playing defensively or aggressively so they are no laughing matter, but some will come at the cost of your morality to obtain them. You’ll also have to make difficult decisions on what items to buy or sell, so making sure you’re going into purchases with an idea of what you’re looking for is also important.
Lords of New York takes a unique approach on poker games like none other with its RPG elements, but can you survive with your morality intact or will you fall to your gangster tendencies and throw morality to the wind? It’s all up to you!
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Lunchtime Studios
- Publisher: Lunchtime Studios
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, RPG, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hi-ReZ Studios to promote "SMITE Update Show" every week
- For an interesting change of pace, Hi-Rez Studios has recently announced on Reddit that the Smite Update Show will now air every week at 5:00p...
- E3 2013 Thursday MMO Recap
- By the final day of E3, all schedules have broken down and the show has turned into a free-for-all. Press and businessmen alike are rushing le...
- Spirit Guardian Launches in the US
- Spirit Guardian is now available to download and free to play on iOS and Android devices!