League of Legends was one of the first stand-alone commercial ‘Aeon of Strife’ / ‘Defense of the Ancients’ – style multiplayer games to be released. Designed as a successor to the popular DotA player-created map, the core gameplay features two teams battling against each other on linear maps in ’rounds’. League of Legends is largely a team-oriented game, so try to get along with teammates, as the game is much more enjoyable when a team mates have good synergy.
The game features over 100 champions in six major roles: Assassin, Fighter, Mage, Support, Tank, and Marksman. All champions can be purchased for permanent use; however, each week a rotating set of champions is made available for free use. Meanwhile players are known as ‘Summoners,’ and each Summoner gains permanent progression which unlocks bonuses including spells, runes, and masteries.
There are four available maps in two game modes. Classic game mode, using the maps Summoner’s Rift, Twisted Treeline, and Howling Abyss, requires you to destroy the enemy’s nexus while defending your own. Dominion, taking place on the Crystal Scar, requires players to hold the majority of capture points on the map in order to damage the enemy nexus.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Oct 27, 2009
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Riot Games
- Publisher: Riot Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MOBA, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Mac
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Many playable heroes (100+).
- +Multiple game modes.
- +Enjoyable at all skill levels.
- -Toxic Community that may deter new players.
- -Microtransactions needed to acquire a decent roster of champions in any timely manner.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / Mac OSX
- CPU: Pentium 4 @ 3.0 GHz
- RAM: 1024 MB (1GB)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or higher
- HDD: 8GB Free
Articles You May Enjoy
- GamesCampus Announces Valentine's Day Events
- GamesCampus just announced Valentine's Day events for all of their games! Check out the events in Asda Story, Shot Online, MLB Dugout Her...
- Land of Britain Dev Diary: Levels, Styles, & the Balance System
- Potato Killer Studios has revealed details today on the game's progression and balance systems in a new developer diary.
- Brick-Force Enters the Space Age
- The new season of Brick-Force is coming this month, and Infernum has provided new details about the upcoming changes to the game.