Jade Dynasty is the third MMORPG to be published by Perfect World International. Like their previous titles, Jade Dynasty has an oriental setting. Much of the game’s environments and monsters are borrowed from Chinese mythology, which help it stand out from the crowd of fantasy games. New human players in Jade Dynasty do not select a class right away, instead they start the game as initiates and must wait until level 15 to chose between several factions, each with a different set of skills and a unique play style.
These factions (classes) in Jade Dynasty are:
Jadeon – The premier ranged damage dealer in Jade Dynasty. Jadeons have powerful AoE (area of effect) spells that make them effective levelers. High cast times and low defense make them vulnerable at close range.
Skysong – The only class that is capable of healing and buff other players. Skysongs have low defense and limited offensive capabilities early on but make powerful allies in late game PvE and PvP.
Vim – The primary tank class. Vims have high defense and deal powerful blows to single targets. They lack ranged attacks and become less effective during the later levels.
Lupin – The rogue faction of Jade Dynasty. Lupins deal heavy melee damage but suffer from low defense. Their high critical rate makes them dangerous assassins but they are less useful in group fights. Ideal class for beginners.
Modo – Modos are the main offensive spell casters. Their physical appearance and spell arsenal which includes curses, DoTs, and nukes mark them as formidable Warlocks. The Modo faction is the most difficult to play, especially since they are rather weak during the early levels.
Incense Mage – The Incense Valley Mage faction is a blend of support and massive damage, using powerful array skills to strengthen their party and incinerating their foes with flame spells. They can attack from a long distance, making them powerful strikers.
Athan characters are able to choose a faction at starting the game. These are:
Arden – Elegant being that combine the best aspects of mankind and the animal kingdom. The Arden are masters of the bow and their affinity with nature allows them to summon beasts and plants for assistance.
Balo – The faction of brute strength. The Balo prefer axes and many of their skills focus on their physical power. They make excellent front line warriors and can stun, paralyze, silence, and weaken their enemies.
Celan -The absolute embodiment of grace and elegance, Celan serve well as a support healer and as a blessing and curse granter. They use the haunting zither as a primary weapon.
Rayan -Stealth-based hunters, the Rayan have a special affinity for speed, finesse, and elusiveness.
Forta– The Forta use cestuses are their primary weapon: battle gloves wrapped around metal to make their punches lethally strong. They train themselves to master powerful skill combinations; they’re also masters of buffing their own power.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Perfect World Entertainment
- Publisher: Perfect World Entertainment
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
- +Auto-walk feature makes questing easier.
- +Land based and flying mounts.
- +Great environment and water effects.
- +Marriage system, pets, and fort Battles.
- +Good variety of skills.
- +Daily Events
- -Limited appearance customization.
- -PvE feels very easy.
- -Must wait until level 15 to chose class (as Human).
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista
- CPU: Mid to High Range Dual-Core 2.5GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64MB or newer for Windows XP. For Windows Vista and 7, a GeForce FX 5200 128MB or ATI Radeon 9500 128MB or newer is needed.
- HDD: 8 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Petroglyph Revives Victory Command as Battle Battalions
- Victory Command is returning with some major changes under a new name: Battle Battalions.
- Happy Dungeons Preview Event Impressions
- Apparently, Happy Dungeons is a sequel to a game called Happy Wars, which took place in the sky.