IMVU is a 3D chatroom and a virtual playground. With a tiny client and a simple, but versatility graphic engine IMVU allows players to unleash their creativity and meet new people. Like Secondlife, IMVU is more of a social experience than a traditional video game. Players don’t slay dragons, but they can design custom rooms, clothes, and other accessories. IMVU has a massive audience from around the world and continues to grow. Free players are labeled ‘guests’ and are restricted from the content creation portion of the game, but are free to explore virtual chat rooms and make friends. Players can also view videos and listen to music through the IMVU client.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IMVU
- Publisher: IMVU
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Casual, Virtual Worlds
- Platforms: PC
- +Huge, international playerbase.
- +Varied custom rooms and accessories to chose from.
- +Watch videos & listen to music.
- -No combat elements.
- -No free movement.
- Must subscribe to create content and remove ads.-
Articles You May Enjoy
- Harran: The Ride Now Available For Free in Dying Light
- Techland’s Dying Light has been expanded even further with all-new content in the form of ‘Harran: The Ride’.
- Single-player options coming to Quantum Rush (?)
- The developer team of online racer Quantum Rush, which is currently in the open beta phase and has fans all across the world, considers a sing...
- Shallow Space: Insurgency Alpha Announced
- Shallow Space: Insurgency, has now moved into alpha and is on track for an Early Access launch on PC, Mac and Linux on Steam in Autumn 2015.