IMVU is a 3D chatroom and a virtual playground. With a tiny client and a simple, but versatility graphic engine IMVU allows players to unleash their creativity and meet new people. Like Secondlife, IMVU is more of a social experience than a traditional video game. Players don’t slay dragons, but they can design custom rooms, clothes, and other accessories. IMVU has a massive audience from around the world and continues to grow. Free players are labeled ‘guests’ and are restricted from the content creation portion of the game, but are free to explore virtual chat rooms and make friends. Players can also view videos and listen to music through the IMVU client.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IMVU
- Publisher: IMVU
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Casual, Virtual Worlds
- Platforms: PC
- +Huge, international playerbase.
- +Varied custom rooms and accessories to chose from.
- +Watch videos & listen to music.
- -No combat elements.
- -No free movement.
- Must subscribe to create content and remove ads.-
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wakfu Reveals Developmental Roadmap And Trool Fair
- Square Enix and Ankama have announced their developmental road map for the rest of 2012, as well as revealed a new event coming in July.
- Dying Light Hard Mode and New Content Available for Free
- The update comes completely free for all Dying Light players and is loaded with extra outfits, new weapons to be found in the quarantine zone,...