IMVU is a 3D chatroom and a virtual playground. With a tiny client and a simple, but versatility graphic engine IMVU allows players to unleash their creativity and meet new people. Like Secondlife, IMVU is more of a social experience than a traditional video game. Players don’t slay dragons, but they can design custom rooms, clothes, and other accessories. IMVU has a massive audience from around the world and continues to grow. Free players are labeled ‘guests’ and are restricted from the content creation portion of the game, but are free to explore virtual chat rooms and make friends. Players can also view videos and listen to music through the IMVU client.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IMVU
- Publisher: IMVU
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Casual, Virtual Worlds
- Platforms: PC
- +Huge, international playerbase.
- +Varied custom rooms and accessories to chose from.
- +Watch videos & listen to music.
- -No combat elements.
- -No free movement.
- Must subscribe to create content and remove ads.-
Articles You May Enjoy
- Riders Of Icarus Enters Open Beta with Improved Features
- Nexon America and WeMade Entertainment are proud to announce the Open Beta launch for free-to-play MMORPG.
- Armored Warfare: Early Access Test and Founder's Sale Announced
- Armored Warfare: Early Access Test and Founder's Sale Announced - Be the first to try out this competitive new tank battle game
- Heroes & Generals Surpasses 8 Million Registered Players
- Danish developer and publisher Reto-Moto announced today that Heroes & Generals has just passed 8 million registered players.