IMVU is a 3D chatroom and a virtual playground. With a tiny client and a simple, but versatility graphic engine IMVU allows players to unleash their creativity and meet new people. Like Secondlife, IMVU is more of a social experience than a traditional video game. Players don’t slay dragons, but they can design custom rooms, clothes, and other accessories. IMVU has a massive audience from around the world and continues to grow. Free players are labeled ‘guests’ and are restricted from the content creation portion of the game, but are free to explore virtual chat rooms and make friends. Players can also view videos and listen to music through the IMVU client.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2004
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IMVU
- Publisher: IMVU
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Casual, Virtual Worlds
- Platforms: PC
- +Huge, international playerbase.
- +Varied custom rooms and accessories to chose from.
- +Watch videos & listen to music.
- -No combat elements.
- -No free movement.
- Must subscribe to create content and remove ads.-
Articles You May Enjoy
- Heroes of the Storm: Zarya & Warhead Junction Update Review
- Once again, Blizzard did a great job porting a hero from a first person shooter into a MOBA.
- Fire Island Arriving Soon For Digimon Masters
- For one month, Digimon Masters players can challenge the File Island, plus other new encounters, starting April 9.
- Grimoire: Manastorm Gets Free Steam Weekend
- Grimoire: Manastorm is available through Steam’s Early Access and will be free starting April 23rd at 10 AM PDT