Heroes of Might and Magic Online
Originally released exclusively in China as a browser based game, Heroes of Might and Magic Online is now heading to Western shores. The game is set in the same world as Heroes III, the Kingdom of Erathia. While veterans of the classic RPG series will recognize the back story, the whole ‘online’ experience will be new to them. Might and Magic Online is a diverse game that mixes turn-based combat with city and unit management. Battles take place on gridded maps, which gives the game a unique feel. The graphics definitely look dated, but that hasn’t stopped Heroes of Might and Magic Online from gaining a large audience in China.
Races & Classes:
Human – Knight, Cleric
Arcane – Alchemist, Wizard
Undead – Death Knight, Necromancer
Barbarian – Barbarian, Battle Mage
Marshland – Beastmaster, Witch
Subterranean – Overlord, Warlock
Sylvan – Ranger, Druid
Infernal – Demoniac, Heretic
- Status: Shut Down
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: TQ Digital
- Publisher: TQ Digital
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Large variety of factions.
- +Distinct turn-based combat system.
- +Manage cities and armies.
- +Based on a classic franchise.
- -Paying players receive large advantages.
- -Poor English translations.
- -Steep learning curve.
- -Dated graphics and gameplay.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista / 7
- CPU: 2.0 Ghz Intel P4 or better
- RAM: 512 MB RAM or more
- GPU: 32mb video memory or more
- HDD: 2 GB Free
Articles You May Enjoy
- Atlas Reactor Releases HTC Vive Virtual Reality Preview
- Trion Worlds has produced an interactive VR exploration of the characters in its latest game, Atlas Reactor, available April 5 on Steam.
- Kingdoms Age: New skill-based MMORTS coming soon
- Players recruit units, powerful heroes, fearsome monsters and war machines, forming formidable armies which they control in epic battles.