Originally released exclusively in China as a browser based game, Heroes of Might and Magic Online is now heading to Western shores. The game is set in the same world as Heroes III, the Kingdom of Erathia. While veterans of the classic RPG series will recognize the back story, the whole ‘online’ experience will be new to them. Might and Magic Online is a diverse game that mixes turn-based combat with city and unit management. Battles take place on gridded maps, which gives the game a unique feel. The graphics definitely look dated, but that hasn’t stopped Heroes of Might and Magic Online from gaining a large audience in China.
Races & Classes:
Human – Knight, Cleric
Arcane – Alchemist, Wizard
Undead – Death Knight, Necromancer
Barbarian – Barbarian, Battle Mage
Marshland – Beastmaster, Witch
Subterranean – Overlord, Warlock
Sylvan – Ranger, Druid
Infernal – Demoniac, Heretic
- Status: Shut Down
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: TQ Digital
- Publisher: TQ Digital
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac
- Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Large variety of factions.
- +Distinct turn-based combat system.
- +Manage cities and armies.
- +Based on a classic franchise.
- -Paying players receive large advantages.
- -Poor English translations.
- -Steep learning curve.
- -Dated graphics and gameplay.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista / 7
- CPU: 2.0 Ghz Intel P4 or better
- RAM: 512 MB RAM or more
- GPU: 32mb video memory or more
- HDD: 2 GB Free
Articles You May Enjoy
- Endless Legend: Guardians Expansion Now Available
- Endless Legend: Guardians Expansion Now Available - Gigantic new units and host of other content added
- Dungeons 2 Goes Gold
- Old-school dungeon crawler is ready for action
- Shards of War Introduces Cosmic Sentinel - Pulsar
- Pulsar, the nineteenth Sentinel to be introduced, is an attack character that can unleash blasts of stellar energy.